The Portland Chapter will be screening the first two editions of its new cable TV program, "Alliance for Democracy--Populist Dialogues," in early December. The schedule's at the end of this post.
The half-hour program features David Delk, AfD co-chair and Portland chapter president, as host, with chapter members as crew and tech support.
The first program is on single payer healthcare with one of the Mad As Hell Doctors (Samuel Metz). On the second, Barbara Dudley (former head of Greenpeace USA and National Lawyers Guild and currently co-chair of the Oregon Working Families Party) talks about fusion voting, State Bank of Oregon and Korea Free Trade Agreement.
The program will be on a regular schedule on Portland community access cable starting in January, and will also screen in suburban communities.
If you're not in Portland, you can request a copy of the show to view locally or to screen at your local community access station. The programs will have some content specific to Portland or Oregon but will be general enough to be of interest around the nation.
You can also watch online on the Portland chapter website's Populist Dialogues video page, or on blip.tv. The single payer program with Samuel Metz is here and David talks to Barbara Dudley here.
We are all very excited about this project, so I hope everyone likes them. Your comments are welcome!
Schedule for Barbara Dudley show:
- Thursday 12/2/2010, 8:00 PM, Channel 22
- Monday 12/6/2010, 10:30 PM, Channel 11
- Tuesday 12/7/2010, 7:30 PM, Channel 22
- Wednesday 12/8/2010, 10:00 PM, Channel 23
- Thursday 12/9/2010, 8:00 PM, Channel 23
Schedule for Samuel Metz Single Payer program
- Wednesday 12/1/2010, 7:30 PM, Channel 22
- Friday 12/3/2010, 4:30 PM, Channel 22
- Monday 12/6/2010, 10:00 PM, Channel 11
- Wednesday 12/8/2010, 9:00 PM, Channel 23
- Monday 12/13/2010, 5:00 PM, Channel 23